Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winter Skin Care Routine


Winter is in the air, and with the dropping temperatures, I’ve winterized my skin-care routine.


Face
With oily skin, I tend to use products geared toward acne-prone skin to keep the breakouts at bay. However, combined with the dry winter weather, these products can be quite harsh. For the colder months, I’ve turned to a lighter cleansing routine to prevent stripping my skin and a heavier moisturizing routine to keep my skin hydrated.

I recently purchased the Murad Starter Kit, which I’m loving! The kit includes Murad’s Clarifying Cleanser, Acne Clearing Solution, Acne Spot Fast Fix and Oil-Control Mattifier with SPF 15. These products boast Murad’s RepleniCell™ technology, which works to turn water into a performance hydrator in three ways, helping skin attract water, binding water to the skin, and assisting the skin in water retention. I like that the cleanser leaves my face feeling clean without feeling stripped and the clearing solution doesn’t leave my face feeling dry and tight like other treatments.

As a daytime moisturizer the Oil-Control Mattifier is a true triple threat! This product works as a moisturizer, mattifier, and sunscreen – and as an avid sunscreen user I recognize the importance of wearing sunscreen year-round. Just a gentle reminder folks – cancer-causing rays are still in full effect, even with the colder temperatures.

In the evenings, I follow up Murad’s Acne Clearing Solution with Fresh’s Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion. This moisturizer contains Umbrian clay, which works to regulate oil production, and Vitamins A and E which work as anti-aging antioxidants. I like that this face lotion provides my skin with the perfect balance of vitamins and hydration. 



Lips
Dry, chapped lips are the worst and if you know me, I'm big on lip balms. My go-to lip balm for winter (or year round really) is Smith's Rosebud Salve. This stuff works to keep my lips soft and protected from the elements. Oh, and it can be worn with lipstick - as a base or over your lip color to add shine. Now that's a bonus!




Hands
In the winter months, I also like to protect my hands, which get especially dry during this time of year. Not to mention, that I’m a habitual hand-washer, which doesn’t help the problem. For the colder temperatures, I use Burt's Bees Almond-Milk Beeswax Hand Cream. With this rich moisturizer, a little bit goes a long way! At bedtime, I like to use moisturizing gloves to let this cream really soak in. I usually don’t last all night with the gloves on, but I still wake up with super soft hands!



Body
Body moisturizer is a must at all times, but in the winter I like to top off my body lotion with an oil to seal in the moisture. I stick with a rich body lotion like Nivea's Smooth Sensation and top it off with Shea-Moisture’s Argan Oil & Raw Shea Bath, Body & Massage Oil. The oil is packed with great things like moisturizing Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E, and works to keep my skin smooth and hydrated. 


What is your winter skin care regimen and what are your must have products? Comment Below!

*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13213231/?claim=r8dwf2m7wat">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment