Sunday, October 12, 2014

What's This About A Teatox?


When someone says “detox,” I’m immediately struck by hunger pangs – think stomach roaring from starvation.  However, I’ve recently learned that detox doesn’t have to mean deprivation and suffering. In my attempts to embrace a healthy lifestyle – clean  (or sometimes not so clean) diet and exercise, I’ve also come to embrace the new (or not so new) teatox craze. Also referred to as skinny tea or detox tea, the teatox has been said to boost metabolism, increase energy levels, aid weight-loss, reduce tummy bloat, diminish cravings, clear skin and the list goes on. The kicker . . . ding ding ding ding . . . you can EAT while you teatox – and for anyone who knows me this is an obvious plus!

I’ve always loved tea, and after seeing these teatoxes all over Instagram, I decided to give them a try. I started with FitTea’s 14 Day Detox, which I drank once a day before breakfast for the full 14 days. FitTea’s loose-leaf tea was light, tasty, and naturally sweetened. I was able to stay away from the coffee and saw a significant decrease in tummy bloat right from the start. Combined with healthy eating and exercise, my stomach also appeared flatter. I loved FitTea so much I ordered it again, and can say that it was just as great the second time around.

Just last week, I decided to give MateFit a try. MateFit’s herbal teatox comes with a Metabolic Boost tea, for mornings and lunchtime and a Detox tea, for use every other night. I’m currently on day three and liking what I see. If you’d like a review at the end of my MateFit 14 Day Teatox or you’ve tried a different teatox you’re loving comment below!

*Content not sponsored – Just my thoughts!

No comments :

Post a Comment